Buscar este blog

martes, 23 de febrero de 2010

WOULD

Would
"Would" is most commonly used to create conditional verb forms. It also serves as the past form of the modal verb "will." Additionally, "would" can indicate repetition in the past. For more information on the grammar behind the modal verb "would," visit the following tutorials: Conditional Tutorial, Future in the Past, and Would Always.
Examples:
· If he were an actor, he would be in adventure movies. conditional
· I knew that she would be very successful in her career. past of "will"
· When they first met, they would always have picnics on the beach. repetition
Using "Would" in Present, Past, and Future
Modal Use
Positive Forms1. = Present 2. = Past 3. = Future
Negative Forms1. = Present 2. = Past 3. = Future
You can also use:
would conditional
1. If I were president, I would cut the cost of education.
2. If I had been president, I would have cut the cost of education.
3. If I were elected president next year, I would cut the cost of education.
1. If I were president, I would not raise taxes.
2. If I had been president, I would not have raised taxes.
3. If I were president, I would not sign the tax increase next week.

would past of "will"
I said I would help you.
He told me he would be here before 8:00.
I said I wouldn't help you.
He told me he would not be here before 8:00.

would repetition in past
When I was a kid, I would always go to the beach.
When he was young, he would always do his homework.
When I was a kid, I wouldn't go into the water by myself.
When he got older, he would never do his homework.
used to

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario